How time flys! Our little baby is now six months old! No longer a sleepy blob, she has developed definite likes & dislikes, for example, her favourite songs are Incy Wincy Spider & You Are My Sunshine, with a growing appreciation for Old McDonald Had A Farm.. she likes being rocked back & forth on your knee, but NOT tossed up in the air.. and she likes being read Fox in Socks :-DOn the movement front, her crawling has developed so that she now gets onto her knees, then stands up so that she is on her hands & feet, takes a few (wobbly) steps, then lauches forward onto her belly! And repeats until she gets to where she wants. However, she still can't roll from her right side onto her belly, so still sometimes finds herself trapped against some furniture! She isn't quite sitting independantly yet, far too wriggly, but she does get herself into a leaning sitting position (like in the picture), and sometimes sits like that for a minute, having a look around, before crawling off again.
Unfortunately, she has just recently broken out with eczema :-( which has given her very itchy, dry, and sometimes red & flaky, skin. So that means we have to moisturise her lots, and be very careful about what we put on her skin, like shampoo & clothing. It has also meant we have to get her checked for allergies before she starts with 'proper' food, as dairy, egg, gluten & soy are all very common triggers for ezcema... There's a good chance that she will grow out of it, and so far it hasn't been too severe, so fingers crossed!
All in all, it has been a great six months. I am still constantly in awe of this tiny person, who is learning new things every day, and is growing up so fast! And although I sometimes miss the tiny little bundle that she once was, I am really looking forward to the next six months to come!

2 comments:
Hi Nova
Alexis is looking so cute! You must be so very proud.
I don't know if you'll read this, I've lost your email address, it's disappeared somewhere off into cyberspace so I can't email you direct but I thought I'd let you know that when Robin was a baby, he developed eczema and had it fairly badly, especially during the winter months (more clothing to irritate the skin) until he was about two or three and then it just disappeared again and his skin has been fine ever since, he's nearly nine now. I don't know if you'll find this reassuring but I remember how worried I was that he'd have it forever and I was very sceptical when the Doctor told me he'd probably grow out of it; but it's true, they do.
Anyway, just thought I'd let you know.
Love
Leander xxx
thanks leander! :) hmmm i'll have to check if i have your email address too..??
Post a Comment